PAMPLONA, Spain (AP) -- Three people were injured, one seriously, as thousands of daredevils raced alongside six fighting bulls in the second running of the bulls at Spain's world-famous San Fermin festival Tuesday.
No one was gored but a Navarra regional government statement said a 23-year-old man from Nottingham, England, was in serious condition with chest injuries and rib fractures sustained during the frenzied dash through the narrow winding streets of this northern city. He was identified only by his initials, T. H.
The government said a Japanese man and a Spaniard were also treated in hospital for light injuries.
One person was gored in the opening run Monday.
Dozens of people are injured each year in the 8 a.m. runs along a 930-yard (850-meter) course from a holding pen to Pamplona's bull ring. Most are hurt in falls.
Fifteen people have died from gorings since record-keeping began in 1924.
The nine-day street-partying festival was immortalized in Ernest Hemingway's 1926 novel "The Sun Also Rises" and attracts thousands of foreign tourists.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Dad ‘reviews’ new baby in adorable TikTok: ‘This is my little boy, …
- Shop over 15 can’t-miss sales that are happening right now
- Keep your belongings safe and dry with this waterproof bag that more t…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!