Razor blade turns up in Burger King salad

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Razor Blade Turns Up in Burger King Salad


FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) -- An Arizona woman eating at Burger King says she found a razor blade in her salad.

Jennifer Ashley tells KTVK-TV she immediately showed the manager Wednesday at a Flagstaff branch of the fast-foot chain.

Burger King says an employee admitted the blade left on a shelf accidentally fell into a tub of lettuce. The company says razor blades are not allowed in or near food preparation areas.

The employee has since been fired.

Ashley says she received a refund and a free salad. She says she doesn't plan to press charges. She just wants people to be aware of what they are eating, even in a restaurant.

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners

Don't Get Too Close To a Newborn Giraffe Unless You Want to Get Kicked in the Nuts Don't Get Too Close To a Newborn Giraffe Unless You Want to Get Kicked in the Nuts
If You Find One Of These In Your Yard, Don't Touch It - And Try Not To Panic If You Find One Of These In Your Yard, Don't Touch It - And Try Not To Panic
Cops Catch Up To A Suspicious Speeding Vehicle - And Make An Appalling Discovery Inside Cops Catch Up To A Suspicious Speeding Vehicle - And Make An Appalling Discovery Inside