On "Pawn Stars," a man brought in a 50-million-year-old amber rock with a spider in it ... or so he thought.
Madison was under the impression he had a piece of Baltic amber that was between 40 and 50 million years old with a tarantula trapped inside that he could get up to $50,000 for.
He was hopeful because he got the rock tested at Berkley and had paperwork saying that the material appeared to be Baltic amber. Rick Harrison said the test wasn't definitive, and that he needed to have the rock tested at the GIA, or the Gemological Institute of America to know for sure.
Madison paid $200 to get it tested, and it turns out ... it's plastic. Rick Harrison had to break the bad news, telling Madison that 'It's worth negative $200.'
Madison got the rock when he was just 10 years old, so he was pretty stunned. Harrison said the rock was likely made of Bakelite, which is used to simulate Amber.
The Twitterverse felt for Madison, and were skeptical that the amber was fake from the start.
Facebook fans had the same feeling he would be out $200. Hey, you win some, you lose some.
Check out these behind-the-scenes pics:
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- This perfectly ‘cozy’ (and affordable!) teddy fleece jacket will ke…
- More than 12,000 Amazon shoppers swear by Crockpot’s electric lunch bo…
- These $22 packing cubes are how I get away with only bringing a carry-…
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In H…
- Chicago Fire Star Taylor Kinney Had A Surprising Upbringing That Most …
- The Truth Behind Jeffrey Dahmer’s Brutal Fate In Prison Is Revealed