It's a remarkable video you have to see to believe.
A car rams into a gas station pump and causes a fire in White Plains, New York. Then, an off-duty state police investigator, who happened to be at the right place at the right time, rescues the man in the burning car.
ABC reports: "The man at the pump, New York police senior investigator John Vescio."
"Next thing I knew the pump was coming down on top of me." (Via
Reports say the elderly driver of the car who crashed into the pump on June 3 was having a diabetic episode.
Once the elderly man was out of harm's way, Vescio had to warn people to move away from the scene because the officer had ammunition in his car. Thankfully, The Journal News reports none of it exploded from the heat.
NBC reports there were several injuries from the fire.
"Four cars were damaged, six people were hurt in this, but their injuries were not considered life threatening. ... Thank goodness for that off-duty officer."
And while Vescio is being hailed a hero, he joked with The Journal News he's still getting treated with no respect by his coworkers.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- TikTok is loving this woman’s elaborate work-from-home ‘hack’
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next outdo…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!