It's a remarkable video you have to see to believe.
A car rams into a gas station pump and causes a fire in White Plains, New York. Then, an off-duty state police investigator, who happened to be at the right place at the right time, rescues the man in the burning car.
ABC reports: "The man at the pump, New York police senior investigator John Vescio."
"Next thing I knew the pump was coming down on top of me." (Via
Reports say the elderly driver of the car who crashed into the pump on June 3 was having a diabetic episode.
Once the elderly man was out of harm's way, Vescio had to warn people to move away from the scene because the officer had ammunition in his car. Thankfully, The Journal News reports none of it exploded from the heat.
NBC reports there were several injuries from the fire.
"Four cars were damaged, six people were hurt in this, but their injuries were not considered life threatening. ... Thank goodness for that off-duty officer."
And while Vescio is being hailed a hero, he joked with The Journal News he's still getting treated with no respect by his coworkers.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- This perfectly ‘cozy’ (and affordable!) teddy fleece jacket will ke…
- More than 12,000 Amazon shoppers swear by Crockpot’s electric lunch bo…
- These $22 packing cubes are how I get away with only bringing a carry-…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!