Baby moose gets lost in hotel

Baby Moose Gets Lost In Hotel
Baby Moose Gets Lost In Hotel

We've all seen strange guests at hotels when we travel, but this has to be one of the strangest we've ever seen.

Fox News reports, "Hotel workers initially thought it was somebody's dog ... but eventually, they figured it out and called Animal Control, which took it to a rehab facility."

The hotel in Vail, Colorado, is aptly named "Antlers."

ABC says that after learning that a window was not the way out, the calf decided to lie down and rest for a while.

According to KCNC, the moose was safely removed from the hotel -- but had to be tranquilized first. He is being treated at a rehab facility in Fort Collins.

Although there is no indication that the adorable animal's health is at risk, this experience could still have a negative impact on him.

Vail Daily reports that the calf was about a week old, an age when a moose's brain is especially sensitive to learning about the world around them. Because of all the human interaction, local wildlife manager Kevin Wright says it's unlikely that the calf can ever be released into the wild.

Wright says the calf "was getting surrounded by people, and there were reports of kids chasing it. The worst thing you can do is go up and handle it. Just leave them alone. I wish that would have happened yesterday."

As tempting as it may be to pet such an adorable animal, it's better to observe all that cuteness from afar.