Academy-Award nominated actor Don Cheadle is looking for your help!
The 49-year-old actor is taking matters into his own hands to fund his feature film, 'Miles Ahead', a film that tells the story of a few dangerous days in the life of music icon Miles Davis (played by Cheadle), as he bursts out of his silent period and conspires with a Rolling Stone writer to steal back his music.
On June 4th, Cheadle launched a crowdfunding campaign using Indiegogo, the world's largest global crowdfunding platform. Cheadle is seeking $325,000 in additional production funds, and is hoping this type of grassroots campaign not only raises money, but excitement for the film. So far, Cheadle has raised $135,000 and counting, well on his way to a goal of $325,000.
When asked in a press statement why he chose to utilize Indiegogo, Cheadle replied, "Most studios don't make these kinds of movies anymore, so we are doing it independently. I'm personally putting a big chunk of money into our budget as well as putting all my fees back in. But the extra money we hope to raise on Indiegogo will help us recreate the multiple time periods we're dealing with and with the logistics of incorporating all the music. We are excited to get people talking about the movie early, raise awareness, and set into motion the groundswell of support we hope will continue through to the film's release."
Cheadle is best known for his roles in Steven Soderbergh's 'Oceans Eleven' films, 'Iron Man 2 & 3', as well as his Academy Award-nominated performance as Best Actor in 2004's 'Hotel Rwanda'. He is currently starring in Showtime's 'House of Lies', as Marty Kaan, for which he won a Golden Globe in 2013.
If you'd like to help Don Cheadle raise money for 'Miles Ahead', click here & be sure to check out a preview below!
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- College graduate sews rainbow flag inside her gown and ‘flashes’ co…
- Toddler is adorably thrilled when ‘bestie’ big sister comes home: ‘I’m…
- Woman furious over mom’s ‘unacceptable’ text to her husband: ‘Your mot…
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits highest point since 2009
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise