One man might have developed that fear after what happened to him in Chile. Fox News reports:
"A man in Chile [was] injured after an elevator goes out of control and shoots right up to the roof. You can see him frantically hitting buttons as the elevator rockets up 30 stories in 15 seconds."
News.com.au reports that the 31-year-old man entered the elevator on the first floor, and the car didn't stop until it reached the very top. And by top, we mean the roof.
According to Emol, the man had to be rescued from the inside of the elevator. He is recovering at a local hospital after suffering injuries from the elevator's sudden stop.
In the video posted by LiveLeak, you can see the man smacking the buttons in hopes the elevator will stop. You can also tell when the elevator screeches to a halt because the camera jerks.
A writer for Guyism points out that after watching, you'll probably never want to ride in an elevator again.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused the elevator to go out of control. Infonews reports that the building was just completed eight months ago.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- TikToker captures his mom’s hilarious laugh: ‘It’s like she’s got a…
- Love fresh flowers? TikTok is obsessed with these silk tulips that loo…
- J.Crew’s lady jackets will help you channel effortless French girl sty…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!