One man might have developed that fear after what happened to him in Chile. Fox News reports:
"A man in Chile [was] injured after an elevator goes out of control and shoots right up to the roof. You can see him frantically hitting buttons as the elevator rockets up 30 stories in 15 seconds."
News.com.au reports that the 31-year-old man entered the elevator on the first floor, and the car didn't stop until it reached the very top. And by top, we mean the roof.
According to Emol, the man had to be rescued from the inside of the elevator. He is recovering at a local hospital after suffering injuries from the elevator's sudden stop.
In the video posted by LiveLeak, you can see the man smacking the buttons in hopes the elevator will stop. You can also tell when the elevator screeches to a halt because the camera jerks.
A writer for Guyism points out that after watching, you'll probably never want to ride in an elevator again.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused the elevator to go out of control. Infonews reports that the building was just completed eight months ago.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Singer Cassie chats with Hannah Bronfman about being pregnant durin…
- Millions of people on TikTok love how you can transform your backyard …
- If you hate bikinis, these best-selling swim shorts on Amazon are only…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!