It's being called "the worst Wheel Of Fortune answer of all time." The rules of the long-running game show are a fairly straight forward; it's basically Hangman. Contestants guess different letters until they can figure out the word or phrase, but the contestant in this video was apparently trying to change the phrase.
The category was "song lyric," and Stephen had all but five letters of the famous Jan and Dean lyric "Surf City, here we come." Only he guessed, "Surf clay where we go."
While that may be the worst guess in the show's history, Stephen is not the worst contestant. That has to be Indiana student, Julian Batts, who blew his chance at a million dollar prize.
More from AOL.com:
The dirtiest (and cleanest) produce on the market
Are you smart enough to get these brain teasers?
These are the movie quotes everyone gets wrong
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- TikTok mom shares what not to say to adoptive parents: ‘Please stop…
- Just in time for summer, here’s how to get $20 off already-discounted …
- Mom shares controversial ‘folding’ hack on TikTok: ‘I really don’t und…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…