A Staten Island man was arrested Sunday after New Jersey police say they pulled him over with a 5-year-old child tied to his motorcycle.
WABC reports "Cops say an officer spotted the boy tied to the back of the bike with twine as it passed him in Eatontown. Police say a woman in a pickup truck who was traveling with them said the child was her son, and she gave permission for him to ride on the bike."
According to a report from the Asbury Park Press, Officer Ryan Braswell saw 53-year-old Frank Albanese riding a motorcycle Sunday evening. The officer told the paper he noticed the child had a large amount of twine wrapped around one of his feet and around his waist.
He told WNBC I thought to myself, 'No way, there's no way he's tied to that bike.'"
Officer Braswell told WNBC the boy was wearing a helmet at the time, but it was much too big for him and was sliding around on his head.
"At least twice the size of his head. It was so big to the point when I was passing him, the helmet is actually covering his eyes."
Albanese, who is the boyfriend of the kindergartner's mother, told police the boy wanted to ride on the back of the motorcycle, but they were worried he would fall off. NJ.com reports the boy's mother told police she followed behind the bike in her truck to keep an eye on him.
A police report says Albanese was arrested and taken into custody for outstanding warrants. He was also ticketed for driving with a suspended license, reckless driving and failure to wear state-approved helmets. The child's mother was not charged.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep t…
- It’s easier than it looks to make yourself this fancy affogato dessert
- This tiny device keeps mosquitoes away all summer, and it’s on sale fo…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!