Most of the time if a retailer wants people to buy its clothes, it'll aim to make them feel good when they wear them. But that's not always the case.
In Japan, you might find clothes in sizes labeled "small," "medium," or "large"...and then... you might see a label for size "fat." Yes. Fat.
The company, Fatyo, says on its website that its concept, titled "Fat Stance," is "Realistic, high quality, character. That's our simple aesthetic. That's FAT." Even some of shirts include prints like "What's Fat to You?"
We get it. Maybe they're trying to put a positive, edgy spin on the normally insulting word...but that's surprisingly not the worst label.
The company sizes things "titch," "skinny," "fat" and then.. "Jumbo"
It's not uncommon for Japanese stores to use unconventional sizing labels.
A writer for Rocket News says "LA" is an abbreviation for "large athletic" on some clothes and is supposed to fit people with wider shoulders and a smaller waist.
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Dads Will Be Dads: Funniest Notes That Fathers Left To Their Kids
- Photos That Prove Golden Retrievers Are the Cutest
- These Pets Are Cheating On Their Owners With Their Significant Others!