A new study reveals women are making just as much dough as men. In fact, Money Magazine reports 50 percent of women from two-income households earn just as much as their male counterparts, and almost 25 percent of women earn more.
The outlet's new study also says couples now argue more about money than chores, spending time together, sex or snoring.
According to CBS, 'Whoever earns more either is more in control of their finances, they may be the person who makes the financial decisions, and whoever makes more really influences how happy people are, even their sex life.'
Men who make less than their wives reported being the happiest. Women who earned the most were the least happy, because they were more stressed.
More and more couples are finding a new balance with the disappearance of traditional gender roles. According to CNN, 4 in 10 women are now the main or only income earners in households with children younger than the age of 18.
This economic change has raised a social question -- who should take care of the kids?
According to a Pew Research Center Poll, 51 percent of Americans said women should stay at home. Only 8 percent said the same for men.
The New York Times suggests the most recent recession might be partially responsible for the increase in breadwinning women. The recession hit men disproportionately harder, with especially high layoff rates in the construction and manufacturing industries.
Don't be scared, though ... there are ways to prevent that big, green monster from interfering with your relationship.
Finance experts told U.S. News & World Report financial transparency, sharing credit card statements, and establishing a budget were key.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- These pasta cupcakes are the ultimate savory dish
- Jump-start your morning with these delicious egg sandwich recipes
- Anxious Reddit parents wonder just how bad the baby formula shortage i…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!