A New Jersey doctor thinks he might have the next miracle trick to melt away those stubborn pounds - literally.
Dr. Brian Weiner, a gastroenterologist, says his Ice Diet will help you burn more calories without breaking a sweat, in fact, quite the opposite.
Unlike many other diets, you shouldn't consume mostly the thing that it's called. Dr. Weiner says eating more ice will increase a person's metabolism because of the amount of energy it takes the body to melt the ice. People should continue to eat a normal, healthy diet.
He says nutritional facts on frozen food are mislabeled because they don't take into account the negative calorie effects it has.
But again, the doc doesn't encourage people start stocking their ice boxes with, well, just ice.
Weiner recommends 1 liter per day which will burn 160 calories, which is about the energy equivalent of running a mile. Much more than that and he says you'll likely feel uncomfortably cold. Go figure.
Also, try to avoid chewing the ice because you're trying to lose weight, not teeth.
And in case ice doesn't sound super delicious and tasty, you can make your own ice pops with zero-calorie flavoring. Not a bad way to spend Summer.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!