Authorities in London, Ontario have pressed charges against a couple after finding a malnourished 10-year-old boy in their home, living in horrible conditions and covered in his own waste. CTV has more.
"The master bedroom - an alleged jail cell for a 10-year-old boy for as long as two years. ... The boy had come to Canada four years ago from an unnamed Asian country without his parents."
The boy was found after an anonymous tip to Children's Aid Society of London and Middlesex.CTV also reports the homeowners were called to the scene and when police entered the home, they found the boy living in so-called "squalid" conditions.
From London Free Press: "The bedroom had food waste, feces and urine on the floor and on the bed. ... The child was confused, of course, and upset but the child is doing quite well now."
Local outlets report the boy's guardians are his aunt and uncle. Neighbors told reporters they initially saw the boy when he first started living with the couple, but figured he wasn't living there anymore because they didn't see him.
The boy was reportedly fed fast food twice a day. The couple's 9-year-old daughter was also living with the family but CBC reports she was fed properly and there's no evidence she was confined in the house.
The couple has been charged with forcible confinement and failing to provide the necessities of life. Although the boy was malnourished, authorities say they're optimistic about his recovery. The boy said all he wants now is a good meal and a chance to go to school.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!