Two Roseville, Calif., teenagers allegedly attempted to end their senior year with a bang. Well, a blaze ...
Sacramento Bee reports setting the stage set up for their impending high school graduation on fire Thursday morning, and leaving a giant burn mark on Roseville High School's football field.
School officials said the incident goes way beyond a senior prank, and fellow students told local media they were confused by the whole thing.
"Seniors Jordan Loya and Joe Evans were escorted off campus in handcuffs..."
KTXL quotes a student: SAMANTHA CHEEK (STUDENT): "We thought it might be a rival school, or, like, underclassman. It was really, like, crazy to find out it was actually our own class."
"If this was a senior prank, then there's no sense in doing it. Especially if they had no real reason."
KOVR reports "We're told a number of local businesses stepped forward to donate time and materials to keep the ceremony on track."
KXTV reports officials are still investigating the incident – but are confident the fire was deliberately set.
The two suspects face allegations of arson, vandalism, and conspiracy – having caused a reported $100,000 in damage. The field's turf was relatively new. (via: YouTube )
The students – one in juvenile custody, the other in county jail – will still receive their diplomas. Graduation ceremonies are expected to go on Friday as planned.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!