It turns out that "dog people" and "cat people" are very different. A study from Carroll University in Wisconsin found the personality traits of cat lovers and dog lovers couldn't be more different than... well, cats and dogs.
The study suggests that those who prefer dogs are seeking companionship, and generally more energetic and outgoing. That makes sense as dogs are more lively and interested in playing outside and socializing. Dog people also tend to follow the rules.
Those who prefer cats, on the other hand, are more likely to be non-conformists, introverts, want affection, and be sensitive home bodies -- as cats also like to stay inside.
Researchers surveyed 600 students and asked them to classify themselves as cat people or dog people. Sixty percent said "dog people," eleven percent said "cat people," the rest were either both or neither. They then asked participants a series of questions about their personalities.
But before we start a cyber-war between cat and dog lovers, it should be pointed out that researchers only surveyed 600 participants and they were all college students, so it's unclear if the results apply to other age groups. That being said, the study also suggests cat lovers are more intelligent than dog lovers.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- This top-rated therapy light used to treat seasonal depression is o…
- 10 affordable Anthropologie gold mirror dupes that are just as stunnin…
- This gorgeous Kate Spade purse is over $130 off at the most unlikely r…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!