South Korea has now implemented parking spots designed specifically for women.
NBC reports: "The spots are longer and they're wider and they are marked with bright pink outlines and figures. Believe it or not, the so-called 'she spots' are part of a government initiative to make Seoul more female friendly."
Motoring reports the South Korean government will be spending about $100 million on a "Women-Friendly Seoul" project. Part of that $100 million went toward the parking spots.
The assistant mayor of Women and Family Affairs at the Seoul Metropolitan Government told The Korea Times: "It is like adding a female touch to a universal design and make things more comfortable for women."
But not everyone is so impressed with South Korea's attempts at making society more woman-friendly.
The Huffington Post began a story with the words, "And now for the latest news from the world of staggeringly patronizing things."
And a writer for Metro writes: "Are women worse drivers than men? South Korea certainly seems to think so. ... Not at all patronizing."
However, South Korea isn't the only country with gender-specific parking spots.
ABC reports a town in Germany designated both men-only and women-only parking spots in 2012.
And The Independent says Austria, China, Kuwait, Malaysia, Indonesia and Italy also have women-only parking spots.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!