"The deer jumps about 5 feet into the air. You see that? The possum looked a little startled too, but that deer sure was scared."
That jump might have looked impressive, but National Geographic reports mature White-Tailed deer can jump almost twice as high.
And what's perhaps even more interesting is that the possum actually attacked an animal almost 10 times its size. Normally in that situation, possums would employ their namesake strategy.
Possums usually drop to the ground, remain completely still and even stick out their tongues when confronted by potential predators.
Of course, as one deer learned this week ... that doesn't always happen.
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold