What exactly does the future hold for LeBron James, and will this year's draft lottery results play a role?
Back in February, James hinted at his mindset about free agency in an interview with NBA TV. The Heat star can choose to become a free agent after this season by exercising an option in the contract he signed with the Heat in the summer of 2010.
"At this point, I can't," James told interviewer Steve Smith after being asked if he could picture himself being anywhere else. "We don't know what can happen from now to July, so what I've been able to do this whole season to this point is just worry about what's at hand, and that's winning another championship. And hopefully at the end of this year I can put myself in a position where I can hold that Larry O'Brien Trophy up once again. And then I will assess what I have to do with my future after that."
But since the Cavaliers won the NBA draft lottery for the third time in four years on Tuesday night and already boasts All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving, LeBron might view 'home' as an attractive destination.
Do you think LeBron will bolt South Beach for a second run with his original team?
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!