Two 4th graders in Colorado have been busted for selling marijuana.
According to KWGN "The school says the students stole the marijuana from their grandparents. They say the school will be handling their punishment, not the police. One student did try an edible but did not get sick."
"The young man ate about half of it, so took a small bite."
ABC reports the four boys involved will be suspended. This was only a small quantity of pot. But the school's big message here is that adults should hide their marijuana from kids.
Some parents at the school were understandably upset this could happen.
The Huffington Post notes of course, buying and selling marijuana has been legal in Colorado since January 1st, but that doesn't mean it's legal for kids.
And Fox News reports there is growing concern over edibles. Their effects don't show up as quickly, so it's easy to eat too much, and they might be easier for children to confuse because they look like normal food.
It's unclear exactly how long the students will be suspended.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates edge up again this week
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 3 Ways To Find Cash In Your Home (Easier Than You Think)
- Your Best Refinance Rates for November 2021
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- 21 budget-friendly fashion gifts that fit any style
- Le Creuset’s ‘Colorful’ Friday deals are still here — save $140 on its…
- 9 best gifts for coffee lovers that aren’t just coffee
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!