One man's trash really is another man's treasure. Just ask the Norwegian man who works at a recycling plant and found thousands of dollars in a safe someone had thrown out.
According to Norway's VG News, 22-year-old John Erik Tveitdal is an excavator operator at a recycling facility, and one day he noticed a safe that had been dumped at the site. He told the paper, "'Suppose there is a million in there,' I joked to a colleague, but I never thought there would be any money in a safe someone had thrown away."
So at the end of his shift, Tveitdal decided to find out. He used his excavator, and managed to rip off the front of the safe. Inside were six bags of cash with a total of 117,000 kroner, or $16,000.
The recycling plant worker admits his first thought was to use the money for a vacation with his wife, but ultimately the safe's original owner was tracked down and the money was returned.
And this isn't the first time money has been found at a dump. Back in 2012, a Massachusetts man found $20,000 inside of a hollowed out book. The man says he tried to find the original owner.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates keep retreating
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- The best viral TikTok beauty products of 2022 to buy on Amazon ahea…
- Amazon Alexa’s hysterical response to child’s question caught on camer…
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers swear by these cooling sheets to sleep mo…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!