TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Police say Tampa Bay Lightning left wing Ryan Malone has been charged with DUI and possession of cocaine.
Tampa Police Lt. Paul Lusczynski says Malone's breath smelled like alcohol when he was stopped by an officer early Saturday. According to a police report, the officer also found 1.3 grams of cocaine in one of Malone's pockets.
Lusczynski says Malone refused to take field sobriety tests, but a breath test given at the jail recorded blood alcohol levels of 0.112 and 0.116 percent. Florida law considers a driver impaired at 0.08.
Malone was released from the Hillsborough County jail on $2,500 bond. Jail records didn't show whether he had an attorney.
Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman says Malone won't travel with the team for a game Sunday against the Washington Capitals.
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- TikTok parents share brilliant technique for getting toddlers excit…
- Toddler lights up with joy the second he sees mom at daycare: ‘[This] …
- Get an extra 30% off Sephora Collection sale items for 1 more day — as…
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!