On "Steve Harvey," host Harvey spoke with dream expert Lauri Loewenberg to analyze what those awkward relationship dreams mean. First up, that pesky cheating dream.
'What that means is that you're feeling cheated out of your time together.'
We like that interpretation a lot better than the dream's literal meaning. Loewenberg also brought up those hot and heavy sexual fantasy dreams. Admit it. You've had 'em.
'It's more about a psychological union you need than a physical union you want.'
Loewenberg explained this type of dream doesn't exactly mean you want to have sex with the other person. Instead, it means you recognize that person possesses a particular trait you're looking for.
But then there are those dreams sometimes spurred from watching a scary movie too late -- yup, the dreaded nightmare.
The International Association for the Study of Dreams categorizes a nightmare as 'a very distressing dream which usually forces at least partial awakening.'
Interesting. So a nightmare is actually when you wake up from the terrible dream. Those other ones you sleep through are just categorized as 'bad dreams.'
So what about other types of nightmares? Business Insider spoke with dream interpreter Diane Brandon about the meanings behind some common nightmares.
If you're being attacked in a dream, it could mean you're fearful of others and not fitting in.
Drowning in a dream usually means you're feeling overwhelmed, and dreaming about being lost could actually mean you're feeling out of control in life.
Oh yeah, and that dream of falling? Brandon says this dream actually occurs when the dreamer is in a hypnagogic state, meaning they're at the point right between sleeping and waking up.
Phew, glad that one doesn't mean death is imminent.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Today only: These 7 his and hers fragrances are up to 60% off on Am…
- Beauty products that will make you nostalgic for the ‘90s
- Today only: Score up to 30% off Calphalon cookware on Amazon
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021