Applebee's Customer Bits Into Slider, Gets Metal Bolt

Applebee's Customer Bites Into Slider, Gets Metal Bolt
An Applebee's customer in Albuquerque says that when she bit into a slider, her teeth hit a sizable metal bolt.

"She bit into it and got a funny look on her face, and we said, 'What's wrong?' She kind of pulled the slider out of her mouth a little bit and there's this bolt."

KOB-TV reports the Applebee's did comp the family's meal, though the family argues that the location should have stopped selling sliders then and there. Apparently other people were still served the same meat.

Luckily, the customer was OK. The Consumerist was able to make a little joke here - that she got a free metal bolt with her burger.

But when stories like this one make headlines, we're always reminded of the nasty, surprise-filled-food past.

Naples Daily News remembers this guy, who chipped his tooth on a bolt he found in his soup at Outback Steakhouse in 2008.

"In the third spoon that I put in my mouth was a large industrial bolt."

Definitely a reason to bolt. We would get into some other "weird item found in food" stories, but it's a lot of mice, and it's gross.

As for this story, Applebee's did tell KOB it's investigating, and doesn't think the bolt came from within the restaurant.
Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.