New York's finest and bravest took their gloves off during a charity hockey game this weekend and it was all caught on camera. WNBC has the details.
"'The benches are clear!' Yeah, well this was the scene at the Nassau Coliseum midway through the second period of yesterday's game."
While it's not clear why it all started, WABC reports the annual NYPD-FDNY charity hockey game resulted in a bench-clearing brawl in Long Island Sunday.
WNYW says it took quite some time before the game could resume.
"The brawl caused a 25-minute delay, they had to go out and pick up the equipment and referees had to tally up the penalties and ejected players. There didn't appear to be any serious injuries."
Deadspin reports the FDNY has won the last five years, but the NYPD took home the 8-5 victory Sunday. The publication joked, "In addition to that snapped streak, fans also got to watch New York's finest and bravest trade blows on the ice like minor league goons."
According to Newsday, neither the NYPD or FDNY have commented on the brawl.
The annual hockey game raises money for the New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- ‘Unforgettable’ footage of mother-son dance goes viral across socia…
- These are the 12 absolute best Memorial Day deals you don’t want to mi…
- Duck with rare feather condition gets a customized raincoat: ‘So sweet…
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus