A German skydiver attempting to set a world record with 221 other jumpers in Arizona is dead after officials say her parachute went off too late. Forty-six-year-old Diana Paris died after her main parachute malfunctioned and her reserve chute opened too late. Diane was part of a group of more than 200 experienced skydivers.
According to a blog post from Paris' group, The World Team, the divers were trying to set a world skydiving record for most skydivers changing from one formation to another in a jump.
CNN reports Paris' main parachute went off to low to the ground for her reserve chute to open fully. She was declared dead at the scene.
The World Team members have decided to attempt to break that world record once again, but they say they won't be adding another member in Paris' place.
The The World Team released a statement saying the following: "It will no longer be a two point 222-way. It will be a 2 point 221-way. Our dear friend can not and will not be replaced. The group will continue to hold the slot open in the skydiver's honor."
This is the second time in the last year someone died in Arizona while attempting to break a skydiving world record. In December of 2013, two men, who were part of a different group of 200, were killed when they collided midair.
Investigators are currently working with the FAA to determine if Paris' parachute malfunctioned. Police say the cause of the accident had nothing to do with the size of the group in the air or any other skydivers.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikTok parents share brilliant technique for getting toddlers excit…
- Toddler lights up with joy the second he sees mom at daycare: ‘[This] …
- Get an extra 30% off Sephora Collection sale items for 1 more day — as…
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021