Could your tap water lower your IQ? Well, a recent study says it's possible if there's arsenic in it.
'The kids who were exposed to even a small amount of arsenic seemed to score lower on their IQ tests,' HLN reported.
The study focused on 272 kids exposed to arsenic in well water in Maine. It was conducted by scientists from Columbia University and the University of New Hampshire over the span of 5 years.
According to the Portland Press Herald, they found that even at low levels, exposure to arsenic correlated with lower results on an IQ tests. The difference was up to five or six points.
However, it's no reason to start buying copious amounts of bottled water and never touch a shower again.
One of the researchers who coordinated the testing, Professor Amy Schwartz from the University of New Hampshire, said, 'This is a great piece of public health research. People shouldn't panic, but be informed.'
'Arsenic occurs naturally in groundwater, researchers recommend people who rely on wells should invest in a filtration system.'
People seem to be responding to the issue in a humorous manner after the Portland Press Herald tweeted a link to the article. One user said 'That explains it.' Another responded with, 'Another reason to slam the Dew!' So use those Britta water filters to keep your noggin' sharp.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Family of 3 sells house to pay off debt, moves into stunning ‘home …
- No shade, but it’s time to stop mooching off your parents’ Amazon Prim…
- One of the best-selling garment steamers from Amazon is under $25
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021