After losing her husband in the 9-alarm fire in Boston last week, the wife of fallen firefighter Lt. Ed Walsh had just one wish ... to find her husband's wedding band. Despite all odds, Boston firefighters were able to find it among the rubble.
Six investigators hand sifted through the debris and fire investigator Patty Donovan spotted the ring.
By the time they found the ring, Lt. Walsh's wake was already underway. Firefighters rushed to the church to deliver the ring to Kristen.
A columnist for The Boston Globe wrote of the moment she got the ring: "Kristen Walsh took the ring and slid it on her finger. It was big, real big, but it fit in all the ways that matter."
CNN reports That 9-alarm fire also took the life of firefighter Michael Kennedy. Both men were trapped inside the building and were later found in the basement where the fire was said to have started.
"In 30 years I have never seen a fire travel that fast, escalate that quickly and create such havoc in such a short period of time."
More than a dozen firefighters were also injured during the fire. Everyone living in the building were able to escape safely.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- This baby’s reaction to bath time gets cuter and cuter
- Those viral ‘peel and reveal’ lip stains are on sale today on Amazon
- ‘Now that our kid isn’t a baby anymore, my wife and I can’t agree on b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!