A Pennsylvania man is lucky to be alive after he survived a chainsaw through his neck, just a centimeter away from a vital artery.
CNN noted that"The 21-year-old tree cutter was taking down a tree in Ross Township Monday. He was cutting at an unusual angle to avoid powerlines. ... The blade of the chainsaw went into his left shoulder and into his neck."
His doctor explained to WPXI he missed every important structure, mainly hitting muscle, soft tissue and skin. James Valentine realizes it definitely could have been a lot worse.
The blade and chain had to stay in Valentine's neck until he got to the hospital so he wouldn't suffer any major blood loss.
KVLY reports "Valentine is in stable condition after surgery. It took about 30 stitches to close his wounds. I would have thought it would have taken more. That's incredible!"
Valentine says he's thankful for his friends that helped him down from the tree. However, he isn't deterred from his work and plans to go back as soon as he can.
- Latest mortgage news: Virus news pushes rates down this week
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- How To Pay Off Your House ASAP (It's So Simple)
- Put your leftover gingerbread to good use with these recipes
- Does the viral cloud bread TikTok recipe live up to the hype?
- Popular TikToker shares his top three foods that cost only $1
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!