New research suggests Bariatric surgery will put Type 2 Diabetes into remission for good, and that surgery will even work if you're not morbidly obese.
"The study finds the surgery is better than medication for treating the duo of obesity and Type 2 Diabetes. After three years, more than 90 percent of patients who have had the operation did not need insulin." (Fox News)
CBS News notes that days later, 94 percent of them no longer required diabetes medicine.
How much were they able to trim off? Well, according the study published in New England Journal of Medicine, in addition to not needing insulin, those patients also lost 25 percent of their body weight.
In a similar study published last October, medical professionals emphasized that diet and exercise are key to maintaining healthy weight, but say, for those who are obese, weight-loss surgery is more effective than non-surgical methods.
"There are 22 million Americans with Type 2 diabetes, and 80 percent of them are either overweight or obese. And, we know that obesity is a major factor in the development of this disease." (WCFT-BIRM)
Obesity is the main trigger for Type 2 Diabetes and affects 1 in 3 adult Americans. The American Diabetes Association says if present trends persist, then by 2050 around 1 in 3 adults in the US will have diabetes.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This top-rated therapy light used to treat seasonal depression is o…
- 10 affordable Anthropologie gold mirror dupes that are just as stunnin…
- This gorgeous Kate Spade purse is over $130 off at the most unlikely r…
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You