By Brian Fitzsimmons
Andrew Wiggins announced he's leaving Kansas after one year and officially declared for the NBA draft during a news conference at Allen Fieldhouse on Monday.
"This wasn't an easy decision for me," Wiggins said, according to ESPN.com. "College goes by so fast. I can see why people stay all four years."
The 6-foot-8 swingman led the Jayhawks in scoring with 17.1 points per game and averaged 5.9 rebounds. He was named Big 12 Freshman of the Year for Kansas, which was bounced in the NCAA Tournament by Stanford last weekend.
According to several outlets, the Canadian native is projected to be the No. 1 pick in June's draft.
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Tasty vegan pies that should be on your dessert menu
- People can’t get over how comfy these $40 sneakers are: ‘It feels like…
- Easy and inexpensive dinner ideas under $25
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!