An Ohio teen is back in school after being struck by lightning. Last June, 13-year-old Ethan Kadish and two other children were playing frisbee at summer camp when a bolt of lightning struck the boys. The other two recovered, but Ethan's heart temporarily stopped, causing a brain injury that left him unable to walk or talk.
Now, less than a year after the accident, Ethan is back in class. His mother told ABC News that after just a few weeks, she is already seeing a difference. "It's been more amazing than we could have imagined. We initially thought any sort of schooling would be homebound initially." The community rallied behind the Kadish family, helping raise the funds necessary to cover the $200,000 medical care Ethan has received during in the last year.
His brother, Zakary, told local news affiliate WCPO that it's made all the difference. Believe it or not, Ethan isn't the only student struck by lightning last summer. A 16-year-old Massachusetts girl was struck by lightning and was saved by a classmate who performed CPR.
If you'd like to get more updates on Ethan's progress, check out this site.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Easy and healthy soup recipes that are warming up TikTok
- Only have $100? Grab these boots that are perfect for fall
- Enjoy some sweet nostalgia with these homemade cereal recipes
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You