The chef to the stars tells AOL.com changing the way he eats changed his life.
He's the man behind the 15,000 dishes served at the Oscars every year. Now, at 64, famed chef Wolfgang Puck is making a few changes to his diet.
After years of tasting and devouring the amazing and sometimes decadent foods surrounding the rich and famous, the Austrian-born Puck tells AOL.com's Brian Balthazar that he realized it was time to take a closer look at his health. "When I was in my mid-50s I said I'm gonna have to give up skiing, I'm gonna have to give up playing tennis," says Puck. "Because I was overweight, and I never exercised before. I ate really unhealthy. Instead of eating a lot of vegetables or salads and things like that, I ate a lot of pastries and a lot of bread and a lot of butter and so on..."
This epiphany lead to a 25-pound weight loss and a brand new book of recipes called "Wolfgang Puck Makes It Healthy." But, he says his weight loss was credited not to just the types of foods he ate, it was also how much he was eating. "I think the first thing is quality over quantity," says Puck. "You know, we are used, in America, to eat these huge portions. You don't have to eat that much to feel good. I tell everybody, if you eat dinner, you have to eat just enough so you can make love when you go home. Not fall asleep in front of your TV."
The chef got rid of his soft belly, but maintains a soft heart while talking about family. When asked if he beams with pride over his reputation as the Hollywood chef, Puck took a step back saying, "If I would put something on my tombstone... if my kids write on it 'Wolfgang was a great father' that would be the biggest thing."
Wolfgang Puck's new book "Wolfgang Puck Makes It Healthy" is available right now.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- KkCo makes fashion that’s functional, playful and thoughtfully desi…
- 6 statement earrings you can buy on Amazon to make any outfit look ins…
- If sitting all day is killing your back, try this seat cushion that Am…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!