A George Mason University professor was attacked with pepper spray during a lecture Wednesday afternoon at the Arlington campus.
The man who hit the professor with pepper spray during his lecture Wednesday has been identified as Jonathan Pendleton. It turns out he is not even a student at the school.
The suspect, Jonathan Pendleton, was apparenty attempting to make a citizen's arrest. Pendleton is facing serious charges - abduction and assault. He'll get a hearing next month.
WUSA reports Pendleton jumped on a desk, sprayed Cowen and then started chasing him before an off-duty officer subdued him.
According to The Washington Post, a student tried to intervene, but Pendleton hit the student with a stun gun.
Professor Cowen is a popular economist and blogger.
According to some reports, a 'Jonathan Pendleton' commented on the blog earlier this month, saying that he would arrest Cowen if police and the FBI did not.
While Cowen sustained only minor injuries, as WRC-TV reports, several students were affected by the pepper spray.
"Medics had to treat 15 people, including Cowen. No one was seriously hurt but students were sent home for the day."
Strangely enough, Cowen was, at the time of the attack, teaching a class about vigilantism. There is a stronger police presence campus post-attack.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Add some color to your kitchen with these bright cookware finds fro…
- 9 must-have home decor upgrades from Drew Barrymore’s super cute Walma…
- Get 15% off designer items at Farfetch, from Balmain to Marc Jacobs
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021