Finally, some good news for those who are brave enough to tie the knot. Marriage can actually be good for you ... and your heart!
'Having a spouse can lower your risk of heart disease by 5%.'
'Married couples help each other to eat better, exercise, avoid smoking and alcohol. They serve as a buffer for stressful life events for each other.'
Spouses also encourage each other to go to doctor appointments and notice things in their partner like, you know, snoring. The recent study was done by researchers at New York University's Langone Medical Center.
And according to the American College of Cardiology, married people have lower rates of several heart diseases.
'The relationship between marriage and lower odds of vascular diseases is especially pronounced before age 50.'
The study does note this shouldn't drive people to snag someone off the street and drag them to the nearest drive-thru wedding chapel with a singing Elvis. It's about who you marry, too.
The CBS website says the study surveyed 3.5 million men and women for cardiovascular diseases -- and the benefits were observed among both men and women.
And a different study featured by The Huffington Post also highlighted the benefits of gettin' hitched.
'Happily married couples are more likely to enjoy better mental and physical health than their not-so-happy friends. ... And those in good marriages are more likely to rate their health as better as they grow older.'
So, there might be something to that whole "in sickness and in health" thing.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Apotheke is having a massive sale on its luxury candles and home fr…
- ‘Psychic’ German shepherd puppy shocks parents when he accurately pred…
- These $4 Asian dish starter kits make meals that taste better than tak…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!