By: Jacob Cavanah
After demoralizing the Gonzaga Bulldogs 81-64, the Arizona Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second straight season.
Throughout the entire season and tournament Arizona's defense has been the teams strongest suit, but in Sunday's round of 32 it was the offense.
It was plays like guard Nick Johnson's alley-oop to forward Aaron Gordon that gave the Wildcats a 38-20 lead in the first half, and Gordon's electifrying put back after center Kaleb Tarczewski's miss.
Forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson came off the bench and dropped a game high 18 points. The energy he brought off the bench sparked the rest of the offense and didn't allow Gonzaga to get in a rhythm.
Gordon also contributed a game high 18 points and six rebounds and assists.
The offense is what stood out this game, but the No. 1 ranked defense played relentless. The Wildcats forced 11 Bulldog turnovers in the first half alone and 10 in the second.
The No. 4 seed San Diego State Aztecs is Arizona's Sweet 16 match up. As of now, Arizona has to like its chances. Not only do the Wildcats have the momentum going into the game, but they have already beat the Aztecs 69-60 Nov. 14.
The Aztecs will look to get revenge on the Wildcats Thursday.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Best-selling sneakers and comfy athleisure are up to 50% off at the…
- Add these affordable sweaters to your closet for fall — they’re all un…
- Easy and healthy soup recipes that are warming up TikTok
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!