Winn-Dixie Employee Accused Of Stealing $23,000 With Coupons
Police say they caught a Florida Winn-Dixie employee taking extreme couponing to a whole new level.
"Ibilola Badmus was arrested Tuesday. Sheriff's deputies say she used coupon codes to get fraudulent refunds and pocket $23,000 from the Winn-Dixie in Deland." (Via Central Florida News 13)
According to The Daytona Beach News-Journal, police say the Winn-Dixie where Badmus worked started seeing a strange plunge in the grocery store's profits in February.
A Valousia County sheriff's spokesman told the paper, "An internal investigation revealed that it wasn't coupon-cutting customers causing the problem but rather an employee."
After an investigation, WOGX reports the Winn-Dixie's loss prevention officers were able to trace the problem to Badmus, who had been reportedly collecting fraudulent refunds from coupon codes since November.
When store officials confronted Badmus about her scheme Tuesday, she admitted to taking about $10,000 because she said she needed to pay her sick child's medical bills.
But, according to Winn-Dixie officials who told the Volusia County Sheriff's Office that number was actually much bigger. They determined Badmus had collected $23,000 since she started stealing from the store in November. (Via )
Badmus was arrested Tuesday and charged with grand theft over $20,000. She has reportedly been released from jail, but it's unclear if she's hired an attorney.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Decadent Halloween dishes that serve up some culinary magic
- How the pros achieve perfect glowy makeup
- KkCo makes fashion that’s functional, playful and thoughtfully designe…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!