A Spokane woman who's accused of killing three people may try to use her sex change as a possible defense for her alleged murder.
Sixty-two-year-old Donna Perry, then Douglas Perry, is accused of killing three prostitutes in Washington state when she was a man in early 1990. KHQ-TV explains Perry wasn't arrested, though, until police said DNA evidence linked her to the crimes more than two decades later.
Perry got her sex change operation a decade after the three prostitutes were killed, and KXLY points out she could use it as part of her defense.
Court documents say Perry told detectives she got the surgery in Thailand in 2000. Perry reportedly says she got it because women are less violent than men, and she hoped she would be less violent if she became a woman.
The documents show Perry also told a detective, "I'm not going to admit I killed anybody, I didn't. Donna has killed nobody. ... I don't know if Doug did or not, it was 20 years ago and I have no idea whether he did or did not."
The case against Perry is still in the early stages, though. According to KREM on Monday, she refused to show up to a bond hearing, but she ended up voluntarily appearing in court Tuesday. (Via )
The Spokesman-Review reports the judge set Perry's bond at $1 million. One of the homicide victim's brothers was in court Tuesday and said seeing Perry in court finally gave him some sense of closure.
KHQ-TV reports Perry will make her next court appearance March 25.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Easy and healthy soup recipes that are warming up TikTok
- Only have $100? Grab these boots that are perfect for fall
- Enjoy some sweet nostalgia with these homemade cereal recipes
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!