By Lindsey Granger
When someone hears the word "selfie," one thinks of a seemingly self-absorbed celebrity or a pic that's taken for pure fun. But one architect is using these pictures to avoid a potential run-in with the IRS!
Andrew Jarvis is an architect who splits his time between New York City and Philadelphia. The commute became so tiring that he decided to rent an apartment in NYC. The problem is: If you spend more than 182 days in New York City ...you get taxed.
So to prepare his case for the IRS and prove to the taxman that he spends much more time in Philly than the Big Apple, Andrew began a selfie campaign equipped with date and time stamps and even the daily paper in hand.
Andrew's daughter Anne found all this quite hilarious and created the Instagram account "Internal Revenue Selfies" to share her dad's pictures with the world.
Now that Andrew has proof he is following the law, he will likely save himself a few dollars.
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Refinance rates at 2.125% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- A simple way to pay off your house ASAP
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- DSW is offering up to 40 percent off on dozens of sneakers, with deals…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance