By: Jacob D. Cavanah
LAS VEGAS – The Utah Utes will be the Arizona Wildcats first opponent in the Pac-12 Tournament. The Utes beat the Washington Huskies 67-61 on Tuesday to advance.
The first time these teams played on Jan. 16 in Arizona the Wildcats won 65-56; in Salt Lake City the No. 4 ranked Wildcats escaped in overtime 67-63 on Feb. 18.
Arizona's defense carried the team to the overtime victory. They allowed only one field goal during the final five minutes and forced a detrimental Utes turnover, which was followed by guards Nick Johnson and T.J. McConnell making their free throws to solidify the win.
The Utes had thousands of fans at the game against Washington, which could potentially foreshadow a chaotic atmosphere for the Wildcats. Beating a team three times in one season is never easy, especially when it's against a relentless opponent like Utah.
The conference rivals play Thursday at 12:00 PT at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- Refi Rates at 1.89% APR. Do you qualify?
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- Your Best Refinance Rates for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- 5 recipes that scream ‘fall coziness’
- Vegan breakfast recipes that TikTokers love
- These were 3 of the biggest trends at NYFW — here’s how to get the loo…
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!