Los Angeles police make a long-awaited arrest over a murder scene that unfolded at the city's famous Hollywood sign. Two years ago, two women walking their dogs in Los Angeles' Griffith Park made a morbid discovery: a human head.
"Additional body parts were also found near that same area." (Via KRGV)
"A cadaver dog named Indiana Bones and investigators helped find more." (Via KSBY)
The person's hands and feet were also found. The victim was 66-year-old Hervey Coronado Medellin, an LA resident. Now, 38-year-old Gabriel Campos Martinez has been arrested in connection with the January 2012 discovery.
Prosecutors say Martinez is the victim's former roommate and partner and had since relocated to San Antonio.
"We filed extradition papers in the state of Texas."
"Deputy D.A. Grace confirms Medellin was strangled, but would not discuss motive or the recovery of any evidence."
The District Attorney did reveal, however, that the autopsy report concluded it was a meat saw or a knife used to dismember the body. KCAL spoke with a neighbor:
"I'm shocked because when that happened, I remember it was a surprise ... I'm just glad justice was made."
Reports say Martinez did file a missing persons report for Medellin, but only after officers stopped by to do a welfare check requested by the late man's friends.
CNN reports one of the dog walkers at first thought the head was a movie prop.
A murder charge was filed Monday against Martinez. Police say he has been a person of interest since the investigation began.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This baby’s reaction to bath time gets cuter and cuter
- Those viral ‘peel and reveal’ lip stains are on sale today on Amazon
- ‘Now that our kid isn’t a baby anymore, my wife and I can’t agree on b…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021