It's a rendition of the Billie Holiday classic "Gloomy Sunday" so incredible, you'd hardly know it came from a 7-year-old.
This performance earned Angelina Jordan Asta a standing ovation on the show 'Norway's Got Talent.' One of the judges was in tears by the end, and another had goose bumps.
Angelina told a Norwegian TV station, she came across 'Gloomy Sunday' on YouTube while looking for a jazz song to help her fall asleep. She added, 'I felt something special about it ... when I sang it for my mum, she said that this song is nice, but it was incredibly sad...'
So sad, in fact, the BBC banned the Billie Holiday version during World War II out of fear it would lower troop morale.
It was Angelina's soulful and hauntingly similar take on the song that had fans so impressed.
As a reporter for Metro put it, she 'belted out the world weary essence of a heartbroken, middle-aged woman.'
A writer for the Daily Caller wrote she sang as if she had 'lived a hard, booze-filled life.'
To no one's surprise, the judges sent Angelina through to the next round.
Watch the full video:
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Easy and healthy soup recipes that are warming up TikTok
- Only have $100? Grab these boots that are perfect for fall
- Enjoy some sweet nostalgia with these homemade cereal recipes
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!