The man run over in last year's biker road rage incident sat down with NBC Wednesday to talk about how he's been doing since getting injured in the video that has gone viral.
The video first got attention online last fall. In it, the driver speeds away from a gang of bikers who end up chasing him and beating him up on the streets of New York. Before speeding off, the driver appears to run over a man named Edwin Mieses.
In an exclusive interview, Mieses told NBC he doesn't blame the driver for the accident that left him paralyzed.
"No, I don't blame him. I don't blame him because at the end of the day, I'm not him to know what was going through his mind."
The Star-Ledger says the 32-year-old was one of more than 20 bikers who surrounded Alexian Lien's Range Rover after he allegedly bumped into one of the bikers. Mieses told NBC he only knew two or three of the bikers in the group.
So far no charges have been filed against Lien, who was also injured when several bikers began beating him up after a high-speed chase.
The New York Daily News reports the injuries won't leave Lien "permanently disfigured."
Mieses' attorney, Gloria Allred, told NBC she wants the local prosecutor to take a close look at what happened before deciding whether to charge Lien. Allred also said filing a lawsuit against Lien isn't off the table.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards