The man run over in last year's biker road rage incident sat down with NBC Wednesday to talk about how he's been doing since getting injured in the video that has gone viral.
The video first got attention online last fall. In it, the driver speeds away from a gang of bikers who end up chasing him and beating him up on the streets of New York. Before speeding off, the driver appears to run over a man named Edwin Mieses.
In an exclusive interview, Mieses told NBC he doesn't blame the driver for the accident that left him paralyzed.
"No, I don't blame him. I don't blame him because at the end of the day, I'm not him to know what was going through his mind."
The Star-Ledger says the 32-year-old was one of more than 20 bikers who surrounded Alexian Lien's Range Rover after he allegedly bumped into one of the bikers. Mieses told NBC he only knew two or three of the bikers in the group.
So far no charges have been filed against Lien, who was also injured when several bikers began beating him up after a high-speed chase.
The New York Daily News reports the injuries won't leave Lien "permanently disfigured."
Mieses' attorney, Gloria Allred, told NBC she wants the local prosecutor to take a close look at what happened before deciding whether to charge Lien. Allred also said filing a lawsuit against Lien isn't off the table.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Speech therapist is going viral for teaching little ones how to say…
- Pickles are having a moment, and pickle lovers will relish these recip…
- Dad-to-be can’t handle watching his wife give birth in hilarious TikTo…
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus