Ellen Degeneres could be considered a big winner in her own right as host of the 2014 academy awards - but Liza Minnelli should probably be recognized for a supporting role. The icon seemed to turn up everywhere. Beginning with an awkward moment in the opening monologue.
"And I have to say, one of the most amazing Liza Minnelli impersonators I have ever seen in my entire life. Really. Seriously. Good job, sir. I mean that is really..."
Yep, Liza didn't look too happy.
But she wasn't alone -- the Washington Post looked at the Internet's reaction to the jab; the general consensus? It was "mean" and "transphobic."
MTV agreed -- it was the only joke that took it too far. The rest of DeGeneres' monologue was in good fun.
Still, some thought Minelli was asking for it -- she has seemingly had a considerable amount of plastic surgery recently.
But, to be honest, we weren't looking at Liza's face Sunday night. We were looking at her hair. The 67-year-old showed up with a blue streak to match her blue jumpsuit look.
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- People on TikTok are loving the Nike Bliss Luxe Pants for wearing t…
- 5 recipes that are a mint lover’s dream
- Jump-start your mornings with these easy breakfast bar recipes
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money