Wanna know when you'll die? If the answer is yes, you're in luck.
According to WCFT, scientists in Finland have developed what they call a death test.
"It is a simple blood test that can predict whether a seemingly healthy person may die from a medical condition within one to five years," WCFT reported.
Researchers say they were astonished that they could draw so much from such a simple test. The process uses biomarkers in the body to measure a person's level of health.
Every system in our bodies has its own biomarkers, and they can be used to diagnose and analyze different biological conditions from cancer to heart disease and more.
The so-called "death test" calls attention to biomarkers showing signs of abnormality, and that's how researchers estimate when and how someone might die, WZTV explained. Even for people who believed they were perfectly healthy, the test sometimes showed otherwise.
Those with abnormal biomarkers supposedly have a risk of dying five times higher than people with regular biomarkers.
According to WNYW, researchers discovered the test by taking blood samples from more than 17,000 people in generally good health and testing for more than 100 chemicals found in your body. Five years later, they compared the samples to those still alive to those not so fortunate.
"We believe that in the future these measures can be used to identify people who appear healthy but in fact have serious underlying illnesses and guide them to proper treatment," explained a doctor with the Institute for Molecular Medicine in Finland to The Telegraph.
There's still a lot of work that needs to be done, and ultimately the test wasn't developed to let you know if the grim reaper is chasing you down. But after the kinks are worked out, the death test will actually, hopefully, help you dodge death.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Today only: Score up to 30% off Calphalon cookware on Amazon
- Dessert-inspired cocktails to satisfy your sweet tooth
- TikTokers share cozy casseroles for fall and winter
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!