A partnership that started 25 years ago forged the path for a successful furniture business - so successful, in fact, that their work is featured in almost every scene of a popular television show.
'When the stars of the smash CBS TV series "The Good Wife" settle into their seats on set, it's Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams they've cozied into," "CBS This Morning" reported.
Gold and Williams are so good that the set designer of "The Good Wife" teamed up with them to create this collection of furniture for the set.
The pieces certainly aren't cheap. This design, "Grace's Chair," runs for $975.
The pair told "CBS This Morning" they believe in doing the right thing for their employees.
In an interview with Style at Home, they said they wanted to "see smiling faces at work," so they saved up to install air conditioning in their factory a year after it opened.
This might not sound unusual, but "CBS This Morning" reports that in 1990, the North Carolina furniture company was the first in its area to provide a little cool relief to its employees.
Now, employee perks include an on-site cafe, workout facility and daycare.
Gold and Williams' efforts to create a happy work environment haven't gone unnoticed.
Earlier this month, the duo posted on Facebook about their 25th Anniversary celebration, and the comments that poured in were heartwarming.
If you're a superfan of "The Good Wife," you can buy the set's furniture and feel good about it, too.
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today only, this best-selling air purifier is more than $100 off on…
- Indulge your inner Francophile with these yummy galette recipes
- 5 warm and toasty drinks for a cozy cocktail hour
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money