Breakfast and fast-food enthusiasts might soon be in for a treat.
After hinting about it in the past, McDonald's is reportedly considering extending its breakfast hours to cater to those in their 20s and 30s who are changing the way they eat.
Customers might be able to get their coveted McGriddles and Egg McMuffins later than the current breakfast hours, which end at 10:30 a.m.
Despite calls from the public, the restaurant has been reluctant to do so in the past, citing concerns over the chain's small kitchens that would make it difficult to prepare more food, according to Business Insider.
But the company says its young target audience is more in the "brunch mindset" than its older customers, and according to NBC, the 10:30 a.m. cutoff is just not working, especially on the weekends.
USA Today says McDonald's currently reigns supreme in the breakfast-food world, responsible for about 20 percent of the industry. But some wonder if the fast-food giant will be able to keep that hold with so many other chains offering breakfast at all hours of the day.
McDonald's is, of course, not without its fast-food breakfast competitors. After all, it's about a $50 billion industry.
According to Daily Finance, Burger King, Starbucks, Wendy's and even Subway have all seen success in the breakfast business.
Starting March 27, Taco Bell will get its foot in the door by offering more unconventional breakfast foods such as a Waffle Taco - yes, the Waffle Taco - or the breakfast version of its popular Crunchwrap taco-sandwich, potentially giving Taco Bell a $700 million share in the industry.
If our McDonald's fast food dreams come true, it's currently unclear whether breakfast items will be offered as an all-day addition, or if the breakfast hours will just be extended.
- This baby’s reaction to bath time gets cuter and cuter
- Those viral ‘peel and reveal’ lip stains are on sale today on Amazon
- ‘Now that our kid isn’t a baby anymore, my wife and I can’t agree on b…
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money