Do you live in North Dakota? According to a yearlong Gallup survey (which interviewed more than 176,000 people from all 50 states last year) chances are you're happier than the rest of us. "Fox & Friends" explains why.
'North Dakota is now America's happiest state. The unhappiest state is West Virginia. The rankings [were] based on work environments, health and access to food and water.'
And North Dakota wasn't the only Dakota that performed well.
"TODAY" reports South Dakota got the number two spot for happiest state in the country. Interestingly, both states beat out last year's winner - Hawaii.
WTVT points out Hawaii dropped all the way to eighth place this year. Some states that performed better include Nebraska, Minnesota and Montana, which round out the top five.
Enough about all those happy states. What about the unhappiest states? As you heard earlier, West Virginia took on that unfortunate title.
And according to Time, others in the bottom five include Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama and Ohio. Those states all have some of the lowest life expectancies nationwide along with some of the lowest median household incomes.
We don't know about you, but it looks like we'll have to visit North Dakota sometime soon.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Easy and healthy soup recipes that are warming up TikTok
- Only have $100? Grab these boots that are perfect for fall
- Enjoy some sweet nostalgia with these homemade cereal recipes
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!