A Milwaukee mother used her daughter's affinity for Facebook against her.
According to WMC-TV, Walls had already prohibited her daughter from using the site. After learning the 12-year-old was suspended from school for a fight originating on the social network, Walls decided to up the ante.
She posted a video to Facebook scolding her daughter for using the social media site to talk with boys and start fights. WDJT's Facebook page erupted with positive and negative responses to the video.
Mom Lorraine Walls says she's already banned her daughter, Latisha, twice from using the social media site. Walls says Latisha lied about her age and was bullying others on the site.
'If you can get a child and expose that child to help that child, not to hurt 'em. I'm not out to hurt Latisha. I want her to live. I want her to be somebody,' Walls said.
The video has already racked up half a million views and plenty of responses on WDJT's Facebook page.
One user posted: 'I just don't agree with parents doing this on social media. ... don't need to put it out there so that they can then be ridiculed. How are you going to tell your daughter not to act a fool on FB - but then you do.'
Walls told WDJT she doesn't regret the video and she's simply preparing her daughter for a cruel world.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Today only, this best-selling air purifier is more than $100 off on…
- Indulge your inner Francophile with these yummy galette recipes
- 5 warm and toasty drinks for a cozy cocktail hour
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!