Robbing a bank is a bad idea in the first place, but if someone thinks it's worth risking years of freedom, they should at least be prepared, right? The "TODAY" show says one robber in Maryland clearly wasn't.
'The suspect was trying to leave when he dropped bags of cash all over the floor. So he tried frantically to pick up all the money and then decided to use an open umbrella as a better way to get the cash out of the bank.'
It was a creative solution, but things just continued to get worse for the robber, whom police say they've identified as Robert Williams.
'When police arrived, they saw Williams drive away. They followed him all the way to Howard County. Police say he got out of the car and tried to run, but he slipped on a patch of ice,' WRC-TV reports.
Now, Williams is being called the world's "clumsiest bank robber" after the series of mishaps.
Police say Williams tried to steal more than $20,000. He now faces charges of robbery and numerous traffic offenses.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.03% APR (15 yr)
- Forget Your 401k if you Own a Home (Do This)
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- 5 three-ingredient summer slushies: ‘That looks so refreshing!’
- Mom is praised for huge, ‘beautiful’ blended family with ex-husband: ‘…
- This father-daughter sing-a-long has TikTok beaming: ‘I was having a b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!