It might make you laugh, but this story is no joke. "Fox & Friends" reports the U.S. is suffering from ... a clown shortage.
'Over the past 10 years there has been a drastic decrease in membership at the country's biggest clown organization,' "Fox & Friends" explains.
Say it ain't so! According to the World Clown Association, the country's largest organization of its kind, membership has fallen from 3,500 to 2,500 clowns in the past decade.
KCTV says the reason is rather sad: they're actually dying off.
'As older clowns die, there aren't enough younger clowns enrolling into clown school to take their place. But it looks like so much fun,' KCTV reports.
The association president told New York Daily News, 'What happens is they go on to high school and college and clowning isn't cool anymore. Clowning is then put on the back burner until their late 40s and early 50s.'
So, bad news for those of you planning a birthday party.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Need new work shirts? J.Crew has lots of good options on sale for a…
- It’s time to replace your old pillows! Bed Bath & Beyond has them on s…
- FYI, these are the 5 fall trends you need in your wardrobe this season
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!